Screen shot of me listening to Christmas music and thinking about my plans for the next 22 days
” 22 days to go…getting ducks in a row…”
Hey! I’m a poet! Who knew?!
Our JYC prompt today was to take a gander at planning for the “big day.” Looking at my calendar -only current right now; undoubtedly things will crop up – the following is scheduled:
- Biggest on my agenda: a trip to NYC – Dec 10!
- Preceded by my quilting association’s annual holiday luncheon, Dec 8; guess I’d better find a recipe for a ‘hot dish’ so I can get the items I need
- Three birthdays to honor: the bebe’s 6 months -Dec 10 (and finish his”Brown Bear” quilt) ; my sister’s 68th – Dec 12 and an old college friend’s – Dec 18
- Possible meet up with my two dear friends: KMG and LA on/after Dec.17?
- Gathering at friends’ home – Dec 24
In the ‘blank spaces (and there are plenty in the days left between today and 25 December):
- Both Norman and I have annual doctor’s visits this month
- Plan a Christmas Day buffet menu – something simple: soup, salad, pizza – grazing type food
- Make a stocking for Kayla and find out what’s on her wish list
- Decorate the house: inside and outside
- Schedule date to go to nursery to buy poinsettia
- Write and mail holiday greetings
- Plan a New Year’s Day birthday brunch for my friend who will be 75 and send out the invites
- Listen to Christmas music
- Watch Christmas movies: the old classics and the new
- Read a good book or two or three
- Make every effort to stay current with documenting – words + photos every day; so far, I’m on track both in the album and on the blog! Pant. Pant.
For some strange reason, I awoke at 4 am this morning; easily an hour before I generally wake up. I’m not long for this world, I’m sure. I’ll probably crash about 9pm.
Have a great evening and I’ll be back tomorrow.